Saturday, March 21, 2009
School Stuff
I haven't been able to blog about my new semester at school lately. I don't know how many months second semester has been going on but I can tell you this it's going way too fast for my taste. Yeah, I know, I complain about how I want to graduate and how much I want to move on with my life, but now that it's going too fast, I want it to go slower. I'm still taking seminary and LOVING IT!! I'm taking a class called Personal Family Studies. We just learn about health, but within the families. We did a project on family trees, I shared my family tree to my class and well, they were shocked how big my family is, especially my teacher. I'm taking Psychology :0 It's a hard class especially when my teacher teaches IB students. It's fun at the same time, we get to learn about the mind and how it works, which is very interesting. I'm definitely challenged to get a good grade in this class!! Another class that I'm loving and really care about is peer tutoring. I get to work with kids with disabilities, I go to the library and help them volunteer so that they can get work experiences and references to go out on their own and get a real job. I love them!! The kids I work with, they are 20 and one is 21 years old, they are smart and lovable at the same time. There is one kid that just turned 21 that is sweet has can be. He doesn't talk, he only says "sure" and "no" the rest he types on his little computer device to let me know what he is saying. The other kid I work with is very sneaky and hard to work with. If you turn your back from him, he runs off and goes on the computer and writes bad words. But, I keep a really close eye on him because I don't want to get in trouble by the teacher/ supervisor and I'm just good, because the last peer tutors that worked with these kids did not care enough to watch them and get to know these sweet kids. As you can tell, I love to work with these kids and I'm sad that I'm leaving soon and that I didn't sign up sooner to be a peer tutor. Well that's about it. I'll catch you up on other things soon. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
good for you! I did peer tutoring too..it was smelly.
We got you card with you senior picture today. Its very cute. I can't believe you will graduate in a few more months.
I am glad you are able to do the peer tutoring and that you are doing such a good job and enjoying it. I think that's cool! Lee and I just watched Prince Caspian last night and we waited all the way to the end of the credits to find out who sang the song at the end. So I was surprised to hear it on your blog today! I like it...
Post a Comment