Thursday, September 24, 2009

Lost and A Broken Flip Flop

Monday was my first day of College, I had my Early Childhood Education class. All went well, a long class but it went ok. Tuesday was my Writing, Reading, and College Survival and Success class. My writing class went ok, but by the time I had to go to my Reading class, I got lost. At first I was just waiting for the teacher to come because I was at the area that I thought I was supposed to be. So I waited but no teacher came, so I walk around to make sure I was at the right place, when I was sure I was at the right building and classroom, someone asked me If I needed any help (I must of looked desperate), I said "Yes, I'm looking for room 121." The lady says back to me, "Um... It's right behind you but that's not a classroom, Are you sure your in the right building?" I show her my schedule, and sure enough I was in the wrong building. I was seven minutes late to my class, and I felt EMBARRASSED!! The next day I have classes is Thursday, which is today. I thought that I would have a good day, you know try to stay positive, which I'm really bad at. The minute my writing class starts my left flip flop SNAPPED! You know when you put your toes in between the divider strap (I can't seem to explain a flip flop) yeah that snapped. I was like great what else could go wrong? Well, the fire drill went off, and we had to exit out of the building and out onto the parking lot. How can I walk with one defected flip flop? It was hard, I tried to walk but couldn't so, I pick up my flip flop and walk bare foot and trying to look normal. Uh, normal? I don't see anybody else walking with a defected flip flop, so I felt EMBARRASSED! So I stuck itout for that class, called my mom to come up to the school and give me a pair of flip flops after I had my Reading class done, yeah, I went to my second class with a defected flip flop. I never ever had such a laughable first week of school! Never! So yes I'm laughing about this which isn't normal because, I would have cried but I took this situation as an adult and laughed it off. Thanks mom for driving three times to PCC, your my LIFE-SAVER!! :)

3 comments:

Myers Mayhem said...

I'm so proud of you for laughing it off! Keep it up! You can do it!

[jessica] said...

well kaitlyn... we bought 2 bunnies yesterday!! i think you should call us! :]

[jessica] said...

Hi Kaitlyn
Its Annette.
You go girl! I'm proud of you! Sorry about the flip flop, was it a cute one?

We finally have a computer that is working, and my phone is fixed now too. I will call you this week.
Love ya!
Annette