Friday, July 17, 2009

I Got My Driving Permit

I got another thing off my summer to do list and that is getting my drivers permit!! I know, I know, you might say it's about time, and I would not argue with you on that. Taking that test was nerve racking and well, HARD! I studied the manual and I felt somewhat confident to go take the test again, Oh, by the way I went to go take the test yesterday, anyway when I was taking the test I was getting nervous and nervous but I reminded my self that I need to stay calmed to be able to pass this test. So after they "graded" my test they called me up and the lady that "graded" my test said you did, really softly, and I thought I heard her wrong but I didn't. You can miss only 7 questions and I ended up missing 6, so I was really close to not passing. So after going to Target to go shopping, my mom asked if I would like to go to the church parking lot and drive for a bit and of course I said yes. So, I drove around for a bit, my mom said I did fine but, I think I didn't do so fine! After doing a little parking and turning around mom let my drive around Summerfield, a slow moving neighborhood and man I was SCARED!! Then she let me drive to Twality Middle School down and back to the church, when I thought that we would go back to the parking lot, I was wrong, she let my drive home, and that means driving on Durham!! I kept on saying I'm going to hit someone, I'm going to hit someone, mom I can't believe you are letting me do this!! Yep that's what I said, when I got home I didn't do such a perfect job of pulling in the driveway, so I let my mom do the rest. I got out of the car and my hands where shaking, I was SCARED TO DEATH!! But, I was excited to move on and get the rest of my new life together. My mom says that I don't have that natural instinct of driving, of course I don't, I have dreams of driving off the cliffs and hitting everyone on the streets, I didn't do that yesterday but I'm still scared of doing it! My worst fear is driving on the freeway!! SCARED I tell you plain and simply SCARED!!! Thanks mom for being so patient and I know you might not be patient by the time Tenley get's her permit! Good luck Tenley! :)

2 comments:

Laurie and Mike said...

You did a great job!!!! A little practice and time will do wonders for your confidence. :o)

The Evans Family said...

Yay Kaitlin! I am proud of you, but I'm not going to go driving with you soon! =-)